Tuesday, July 21, 2020

#Random 18: I'm a sucker for good K-pop songs!!!

By this time, I think I know what kind of songs that can move me (duh dramatic me). I like songs that convey certain melancholy to the songs, that make me feel joyous yet sad? at the same time. They are most certainly not sad songs so that's what makes them special. Listening to these songs make we want to scream the lyrics out loud due to the melancholy. It makes inner me scream lololol have you ever felt that?

Note: there were actually many K-pop songs that become my personal favorite, so this list may be biased since it's heavily influenced by my state of mind as per writing hahaha. E.g., once in my life I also like BTS's Best Of Me, Wanna One's Energectic, BTS's dimple, but I guess I don't really feel like listening to them right now?

So...

SELECTION CRITERIA:
  1. Sentimental K-pop songs with joyous vibe in it so you feel safe and happy when hearing it but not too upbeat
  2. Songs that I feel like listening as of writing hahhaha


JOY - Introduce me a good person

I am not even a Reveluv (I'm an ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!) but hell this song really makes me start to appreciate JOY and Red Velvet like wow, their vocals are no joke!!! This song has a very good melody, the kind of soothing melody that doesn't make you feel overly energetic but still energize you anyway. AND JOY'S VOICE SOUNDS SOOO SOOOO GOOD T_T It's definitely a blessing to have her a singer lol. I'm positive that I will never get bored of this masterpiece.

Thank you Hospital Playlist for introducing this song to me! I am lucky that I know Hospital Playlist on that time in my life when I actually had the appetite to watch K-drama (it's been months since I last watched a K-drama).

The lyric moves me even from its very first verse..
joeun saram isseumyeon sogaeshikyeojweo
ttaeroneun mulcheoreom ttaeroneun bulcheoreom
jinshimeuro namaneul saranghal su inneun
seongsukago seongshilhan saramiramyeon jokesseo

DEAN ft. Yerin Baek - Come Over

Somehow I just fit with DEAN's songs. I mean not all, And July is good but it has too many beats, Instagram is clearly too boring for me but Come Over sounds really really good! I like this song even without any emotional association with the song. And again, you can clearly hear the melancholy in this bop!

Mwolkka eodilkka
Mak ippeujin anheunde
Jakkuman nuni ga
Nal mot salge guneun ge
Nado eojireowo dowajwo
Bakkeun eoduwojyeo
Don't you want my love?
Sigye cho soriman deo keojyeo

MAMAMOO - Wind flower

This clearly falls in the sadder part. The lyric is I guess about a breakup but it sounds joyous enough for me! My peak hype with this song is long gone but I still remember that at the time, I really really like to listen to this song. I can imagine myself karaoke-ing to this.

U-u-u-uriman ibyeorilkka? (Oh why, why?)
Du-du-du-duriman apahalkka?
Dasi tto pieonal kkotnipcheoreom (kkotnipcheoreom, hey)
Get better day by day
Get better day by day

SEVENTEEN - Oh My!

I will never get bored with this song. It's the same feeling with Introduce me a good person, it has been a year but I always find myself excited whenever this is played on shuffle. It does convey a personal memory to me but I think even without that emotional attachment, I will still love this song.

Oh and damn their M/Vs are soooo good. The scene and color-grading are perfection AARGHHH I know because not only Oh My! has good M/V, Don't Wanna Cry and Home actually have great M/V too! @ JYPE @ TWICE PLEASE MAKE M/V LIKE THIS!!!!!!

Ileon neoleul eojjeona?
Neoleul bwado nega deo saeng-gagna
Neoneun naege yuilhan eojjeona
Nan eojjeona, eojjeona?

Geudaeleul eojjeona?
Neo ttaemune nan ije eojjeona?
Ppaegoghi maeil, ah maeil, ah maeil, ah maeil
Nega joheun geol eojjeona?

DAY6 - You Were Beautiful

This is a break-up song I know so it doesn't really bring joy to me but it.. really.. SCREAMS YOUR HEART OUT! DAY6 is especially good at live performances gosh I was lucky they postponed the concert in JKT because I would be devastated if I know this masterpiece is here so close to me but I didn't watch them.

Yeppeosseo
Deo baralge eopneundeuthan neukkim
Ojik neomani judeon sungandeul
Da da
Jinatjiman
Neon neomu yeppeosseo

Sam Kim ft. ZICO - It's You

This is another masterpiece that I found during college!!!! The song is soo sooo sooo groovy, Sam Kim's voice sounds really good here! I forgot what other songs of him that I like but this is definitely on top of my list.

The first verse already gives so much groove!
eosaekhage Hi hello
oneul mwo haessneunji mureobwa
kkamkkamhan bame gati georeumyeo jom tteodeuldaga
nae son jabadallae
chuwo anadallae
I don’t know anymore
I don’t know

Eric Nam - Honestly

This song still holds a mystery for me.. So one night I was at Grand Indonesia and I heard a SUPER GOOD KOREAN SONG but I was quite occupied at that time and literally thought of no other ways to find the title other than typing the lyrics (that's what I did usually). I really had no idea how to type the lyrics of non-English song so I just sat there tweeting my misery.. (I did try to listen to the lyrics and guess them tho) then my friends on twitter suggested that I could actually ask Siri to listen! Of course stupid me had already missed the song by then.

At home, I tried to type the lyrics with all my might and even listen to the recent Korean songs that I liked (in case I was made aware by the GI song because I was previously familiar with the song) and I had this conviction that Honestly by Eric Nam was the one!

I am still unsure whether this is 100% that GI song but the song was a super bop so I guess that might be it?

Neol sarangeun hajiman jogeum jichingeoya
Sangcheoreul jugiga neomu dulyeoungeoya
Chakhan ge anya nal wihae geureongeoya
Ajikdo neol saranghandaneun geojitmal

Updated per September 10, 2020
LEE HI - HOLO
This was recommended by Chaeyoung so I gave it a listen and... damn this is good! It has a sad vibe in it but somehow it's enticing for you to sing a long.

And I'm gonna stop cryin', stop feelin',
Stop thinkin' bout you my babe

HYUKOH - LOYE YA!
Ok, your guess might be true because I looked up for this song because... Chaeng was singing it T_T

I was watching TTT (this healing campaign series were so good btw) and she randomly sang "I love yaa!" and I swear the song felt sooo familiar. I thought it was old western song or something because I had a hunch that it was in full English. And for the first time ever, I felt the plus point of having a kpoper sis because she knows this song!!!! I was so happy to find this song and came to like it. I haven't really submerged myself to the lyrics but I can tell that this is a romantic song with some melancholy in it.

Anyway, I also posted this song on my Instagram story and Davie replied to that story recommending other songs of Hyukoh. I looked it up the day after and... they were good T_T I am now liking Wi Ing Wi Ing 위잉위잉 (I can totally read the hangeul!!!) though again, I haven't really read the lyrics so I don't know what does that mean hahaha. I will look it up later! (yes, me after being freed from presentation-stress always find YouTube less interesting as I didn't need it for procrastinating haha I have all the time for myself!)

Emm just without a thousand words
And then I'll say
I LOVE YAAA!

Updated per September 24, 2020
TWICE - Feel Special
I think I've never posted about TWICE here! I love sooo many of their songs but I thought in this thread, I should add less mainstream song. However, I decided to include this song here because this song just conveys soo much meaning.

Yesterday was actually the 1st anniversary of Feel Special. At first when I listened to this, I didn't quite like this song! I thought Feel Special was kinda boring because it does not have any climax point? Like in FANCY, you can clearly differentiate the different beat on the catchy part "Geogi neo I fancy you, amunha wonhaji anha, hey, I love you!" or on Chaeyoung's "Fancy, woo!"

However, I discovered the background of this song later. At around June 2019, Mina, one of their members, went on temporary hiatus because of her anxiety attack. I think that was a hard moment for all of the members, it's like going on a holiday knowing you left one of your friends behind. They decided to push through with their September 2019 come back but changed the song. I think Feel Special was not meant to be the title song, I believe during MORE & MORE interview era, it's either OXYGEN or SHADOW (forgot which!) that was designated to be the title song. Mina's hiatus made JYP gathered the girls to listen to their thoughts and feelings, and voila, it was translated into Feel Special. That's why I think the lyrics of Feel Special is so deep, it is based on real-life events, a sad one even.

Basically, Feel Special wants to tell listeners that when you feel like you don't belong, like you're nobody, like you don't want to face the world, there will be people who will pull you out from that situation and make you feel special.

Happy 1st Anniversary, Feel Special!!!!

---
Will add should I feel like to!

3 comments:

  1. I cant believe ure still updating this blog. I searched my name and the bestfriend biography showed up lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHA shittt totally forgot i have that post...... do you think i should take it down?? lol. this must be my villager chingu rytt

      Delete