Wednesday, June 3, 2020

#Random 15: it's 9.43pm

I was watching Netflix on a calm night. Everybody's sleeping already (I live with my grandparents so they sleep early). Then suddenly I got curious at the time, what time is it?

It's 9.43pm.

It's only 9.43pm!!!

Wow, at just 9.43pm (below 10pm is SUPER EARLY for me), I was already enjoying myself watching some Netflix....... It was surprising because it felt like time has passed so much ever since I closed my laptop and cooked and ate dinner. I have done so much after work! And it's only 9.43pm!

Just yesterday I was pondering to myself, God I was really afraid on adjusting myself to work after this work from home thing ends. I was sooo used to, for the whole two months, of not spending hours commuting, of not spending hours under the glaring sun and on a bad traffic. It was a new normal and I'M LOVING IT! I can even cook when I want to at night and do not need to eat cold dinner because I need to spend 1-2 hours on traffic before I can finally get home.

I knew just how much time I had been wasting on commuting all this time and it had been the normality for me. I have never thought of any other way of living, then this absurd situation came. Suddenly I knew how much was lost and taken from me.

You also don't know what you don't have til it's there.

4 comments:

  1. if you commute for 2 hours a day for every working days in a year (average of 260), then you lose 520 hours a year or roughly 3 weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly :( but those time was well spent with talking to people/reading/sleeping so as long as we enjoy them, no time wasted though in essence

      Delete
    2. I foresaw reply as such from you ROFL.
      I mean, that part of you which hardly fails to see the inherent goodness of things is what makes me can't stop admiring you and keep reading your blog.
      Another point would be about, how you are so exceptionally sedulous in my viewpoint haha :')

      Here's a poem for you by Mark Ehrmann, just to read it whenever you feel like to, enjoy.
      https://www.desiderata.com/desiderata.html

      Delete
    3. in addition, your music taste is great

      Delete