Wednesday, June 3, 2020

#Random 16: Why I have been writing so much here (and how I have always been so extra about publicizing writings)

It's because of work-from-home!!!!!!!

I got so much time for me to open my laptop and not opening work-related decks that I was kinda inspired to type things that are personal to me. I think the newly trending again Twitter also plays a role. I have loved writing and expressing myself in text since forever that sometimes I find it hard to articulate my thoughts on limited characters on Twitter (funny that I was one of those opposing the idea of extending the 140-char limit to 280-char limit!!!). The emergence of people making thread really boosts the popularity of Twitter. It makes reading so much easier since the passages are divided into 280-char chunks. I mean, it's back to microblogging again!

Then why do I blog instead?

Aside from the character limit, I just find it quite exposing to write on Twitter. I felt the pressure to write things that are expressive of me rather than these random thoughts. My twitter has become just like another internet personality that I have to maintain and I felt more limited to express anything that I want there. It's like your personal wall magazine! However, blog is just like a public diary for me. The platform is 100% for me to handle and I do not need to worry about whether other people care or not. My blog posts won't trespass other people's lives by showing off at their feed because no such thing exists in this blog thingy!

I really want to start writing longer stories of myself here though, like my last trip to UK just for memorabilia purposes. Wish I had the time (and will of power)!

Oh oh oh and another thing why I like to blog, I know it's weird of me but I like reading my own blog posts over and over again, especially on mobile phones. HAHAHA it's just some weird pride seeing myself write a long piece that has sentimental value to me and mobile-format texts just looks... amazing! It's hard to describe but I think that's that, I like reading my own writing especially when it's personal and not cringey. Mobile-format look adds the coolness of it.

(my random mind got me writing about literally another topic on how I was always being extra about getting my writing publicized in an enjoyable manner)

This must explain why back in junior high I made a blog about our class (HERE!!!) and twitter accounts of my classes (I made three: this is for my junior high class, though the blog was much more memorable; then this second one, I swear THIS Twitter handle was such a bop back then with me sharing our daily quirks with #X5lol, no one ever had it before and even followed me after!; and THIS ONE for my 11th grade class). I swear I was fucking extra.... honestly being a journalist or writer could be a passionate career path for me. I always loved taking extensive notes during classes or even debates in uni (wtf right). When I was bored during school holidays when no phone existed I write stories on notebooks! It's a wonder why I haven't tried being a Wattpad writer lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment